Wednesday, November 11, 2009

We made it.

A relatively uneventful flight but a few things worth mentioning. I got to the airport the requisite 2 hours early and got through check-in and security in less than 10 minutes. After the guy at the tech store tried to convince me that "the government" is going to install microchips in all of us so they can watch us, I had a quick flight to miami. When I got there I realized that I forgot something important: my spanish english dictionary. When I picked one up from the rack, it had a little lizard on it (una lagartija). The girls workig laughed but did not know what to do with it. One asked me if I wanted it. Not knowing what else to do, I put it on a glass display stand and bought the book.

The next leg went fast. I sat next to a guy going on a mission trip. He has been coming to Peru for many years and gave me some great tips. He and his church members also travel to parts of Africa and the Middle East. He truly embodied what I think the Christian ideal is. After our talk I took a nap and then we were there.

Immigration and customs went fast(I got the green light; if it´s red they search your bags.

Our plan was to meet in the food court(Mcdonald´s, Papa John´s, I guess you can´t escape American fast food). If we didn´t meet by 1 A.M. we were to go to the hostel. I waited and waited till exactly 1:00. As I was heading out, we ran in to each other. After Tiffany bought a bottle of water for 20 Soles(7 dollars). We headed out by cab and got here after the driver got relatively lost and had to call the place. Not the most comfortable bed but otherwise a fine place.

Hasta Luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment